- Creating awareness beyond the project with local stakeholders.
- Promoting the innovation for stronger support from either public policies or funders.
- Fostering the integration of this knowledge into urban plans.
- Gaining accountability fromtoward institutions and government.
- Describing how the people and the environment benefit from the effects of the innovation.
- Situating innovation action in local and international regulatory evaluation systems enabling knowledge transfer.
- Supporting innovation strategy.
- Orienting practitioners so they can address sustainability challenges.
- Integrating participatory qualitative evaluation and project planning.